The rope guide is the climber responsible for carrying the rope up on a climbing route. One should be prepared and master all the techniques and procedures required for ascending and descending the routes.
This training is the evolution for the students of the Basic Mountaineering Course (BMC) and provides the necessary autonomy for safe rock climbing, for the guide as well as for the participants, in traditional and sports routes.
Why should I take it?
The main objectives of the course are:
- Training rope guides climbers
- Networking among climbers
- Encourage safe climbing activity
- Stimulate students self-confidence and autonomy in climbing practice
- Enable students to advance in other courses such as self rescue, mobile, artificial, big wall, etc.
The following content will be addressed:
- Review of all BMC security procedures
- Current and standardized guiding and safety procedures
- Knots and their various uses
- Climbing planning
- Assembling and dismantling of anchorage systems
- Means of fortune for emergencies
- Basic concepts of climbing in mobile / artificial
- Fall training
The course schedule is set for the following dates:
- 08/19 (Saturday) – Theory Class 01 – Chácara (Pedra Bela)
- 08/20 (Sunday) – Practice Class 01 – Pedra do Santuário (Pedra Bela)
- 09/02 (Saturday) – Practice Class 02 – Maria Antônia (Pedra Bela)
- 09/03(Sunday) – Practice Class 03 – Visual das Águas (Bragança Paulista)
- 09/16 (Saturday) – Practice Class 04 – Falésia Paraíso (Pindamonhangaba)
- 09/17 (Sunday) – Practice Class 05 – Falésia Paraíso (Pindamonhangaba)
- 09/30 (Saturday) – Practice Class 06 – Vista Aérea (São Bento do Sapucaí)
- 10/01(Sunday) – Practice Class 07 – Pedra do Baú (São Bento do Sapucaí)
- 10/07 (Saturday) – Graduation (São Paulo)
- Chácara (Pedra Bela)
- Pedra do Santuário (Pedra Bela)
- Maria Antônia (Pedra Bela)
- Visual das Águas (Bragança Paulista)
- Falésia Paraíso (Pindamonhangaba)
- Falésia Paraíso (Pindamonhangaba)
- Vista Aérea (São Bento do Sapucaí)
- Pedra do Baú (São Bento do Sapucaí)
- 6 payments of R$291,66 (0,30,60,90,120,150 days), coming to a total of R$ 1.750,00
- 5 payments of R$340,00 (0,30,60,90,120 days), coming to a total of R$ 1.700,00
- 4 payments of R$412,50 (0,30,60,90 days), coming to a total of R$ 1.650,00
- 3 payments of R$533,33 (0,30,60 days), coming to a total of R$ 1.600,00
- 2 payments of R$775,00 (0,30 days), coming to a total of R$ 1.550,00
- 1 payment of R$ 1.500,00
Material and Equipment
As a prerequisite for participation in the CGC students must possess the following equipment for individual use:
- Climbing Shoes
- 2 Accessorium cords
- 2 Webbings
- 6 Carabiners
- ATC c/ Reverso
The PMG will provide the following equipment for collective use:
To receive approval certificates, students must:
- Presença na aula teórica
- Attend the theory class
- 85% de frequência nas aulas práticas
- Attend more than 85% of practice classes
- Aprovação na avaliação dos instrutores
- Be approved in the instructors final assessment
The vacancies are limited: minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 students.
Registration will be open in the period from 06/27 to 07/31.
In the case of demand being greater than the offer, a waiting queue will be formed and the registrations will be considered in chronological order with investment confirmation, either at sight or on installment plan.
To register and secure your place:
- Fill out the Application Form (which can be signed at the beginning of the course) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the investment option selected and the convenient dates for the deposits.
- Make the deposit of the first installment (or full amount, if applicable) in the following account:
Favored: Grupo Paulista de Montanhismo Banco: Itaú (341)
C / C: 45205-0
- Send the scanned deposit voucher by email to confirm your application.
Sending only the application form does not guarantee the vacancy.
In case of practical outing cancellation due to weather conditions, the outing will be automatically postponed for the following week. In the event of persistent poor weather conditions for the practical outings, the course coordinator will indicate the date for postponement and his decision is sovereign.
In case of drop-out up to 30 days from the beginning of the course, 100% of the amount paid will be refunded; 20% for drop-out between 29 and 5 days of the first class.
The minimum age for attending this course is 16 years.
If you are a minor, bring the Authorization for Minors duly completed and signed by the guardian on the first day of class.
It is essential to present a medical certificate, on the first day of the course, that the student is able to practice physical and sports activities.
Companion will not be accepted in the course practice classes.
In case of doubt, contact email@example.com.
Basic Mountaineering Course
Basic Ice Climbing and Glacier Progression Course